Sr Quality Assurance Engineer
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/28/2018 2:50:59 AM
- Job #: 3072830
- Location(s): India; Mumbai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a subject matter expert (SME), the role would require utilizing the field expertise on ESP (Electric Submersible Pump) to validate/certify the software built by the team to monitor and predict pump and other failures.
Understand the product, domain, come up with Acceptance tests for deployment of the product end to end, prepare and review test data, user stories, execute tests manually. Would be necessary to work with the product management & dev team in an Agile environment.
• Execute, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program/product requirements.
• Must be able to understand the feature’s use cases as per the customers/ users requirements.
• Validate if the software is user friendly & solves the customer problems
• Work hand in hand with Software and Hardware engineers.
• Strong Electronic knowledge. Ability to operate Oscilloscope, Multi-Meter, or working with electronics cards.
• Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers.
• Document and communicate results of technical data generated.
• Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives.
• Come up with deployment scenarios, typical field network diagrams, typical failure modes & incorporate in the validation plans
• Share information and promote open dialogue.
• Come up with Acceptance tests for the product end to end, user stories,
• Execute tests manually.
• Conduct training's for the team and get them upto speed on the domain.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, preferred in Mechanical, Chemical or Petroleum Engineering.
• Minimum 7 years experience working directly with ESP (Electric Submersible Pump), PCP (Progressing Cavity Pumps) artificial lift design, troubleshooting and failure analysis.
• Experience working directly with oilfield scale and corrosion chemical programs.
• Good working knowledge of personal computer applications and software for engineering purposes.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of working in an environment with strict quality procedures.
• Effective oral expression and written expression, easy contact, adaptable, can foster team spirit.
• Excellent Planning and organizational skills.
• Excellent communicator and team player:
• Experience working in Agile development environment.
• Six - Sigma Green belt trained (GE Employees).
• Good knowledge of Mathematics will be highly desirable.
Locations: India; Mumbai
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network