Operations Coordinator - Drilling Fluids
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/28/2018 12:51:10 PM
- Job #: 1803234
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Aberdeen City; ABERDEEN
Baker Hughes, A GE Company, has an opening for an Operations Coordinator – Drilling & Completion Fluids in Aberdeen, UK. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, BHGE offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. BHGE is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer
The Operations Coordinator will act as the dedicated contact person and project manager for specific projects or contracts.
The Operations Coordinator shall plan, supervise and provide technical back up, and will be accountable for planning, execution and coordination of Drilling & Completions Fluids operations and services.
- Responsible for planning, control and operational follow up for assigned projects.
- Coordinate personnel and equipment to ensure safe, sound and efficient fluids services are provided to customers.
- Possess a good understanding of UK Environmental regulations in order to submit the Drilling Fluid chemical usage and discharge information for permitting purposes
- Ensure quality service as per company procedures.
- Assist in preparation of budget and projections. Responsible for financial control of assigned projects.
- Ensure prompt and efficient reporting and administration.
- Provide appraisals for all assigned personnel and monitor their need and progress so that they may advance their careers.
- Assess training needs of assigned personnel and ensure they are given the opportunity to broaden their knowledge.
- Regularly communicate concerning ongoing operations and projected activity with the Manager for product line.
- Provide regular updates on equipment and personnel needs.
- Be proactive in the pursuant of improvements and efficiencies for our customers and ourselves.
- Promote transfer of experience.
- Check and control all documentation given and received.
- Assist in the preparation of quotes and bids.
- Ensure compliance with company requirements for Quality Control, Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Working closely with external customers.
- Undertake other responsibilities as required.
· Proven experience within Drilling and Completion Fluids roles.
- Thorough understanding of rig operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills within a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in use of computer based programs related to application of products and engineering of wells.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office products
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen City; ABERDEEN
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network