Project Engineer (Manufacturing Chemicals) Pasadena, TX
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/28/2018 5:51:31 PM
- Job #: 1803380
- Location(s): United States; Texas; PASADENA
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Project Engineer. You will be a member of the Bayport Engineering Team located in Pasadena, Texas (Houston Area) reporting to the Maintenance, Reliability, & Engineering Manager and has accountability along with the other members of the Engineering Team for capital projects from scoping through commissioning.
The Project Engineer will work with plant resources to fully scope, purchase, and install new equipment and processes that are vital to the long-term success of the plant. This position will also be accountable for plant-wide capital spends tracking and forecasting.
- Will lead small and large projects locally with minimal supervision.
- Will mentor other site engineers and assist with other projects as needed.
- Responsible for plant-wide capital spend tracking and forecasting.
- Responsible for the definition of the scope of work and for the direction, control, and utilization of outside and inside support personnel.
- Plans and conducts research and development of standard engineering assignments. Assignments can be a significant portion of a larger project.
- Develops and implements new production methods.
- Recommends and implements improvements in the production process.
- Oversees the design, selection, installation and optimization of manufacturing process equipment, machine tools, controls and systems.
- Selects engineering techniques to solve problems and makes sound recommendations. Assesses results for applicability, validity and conformance to specifications.
- Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters.
- Is accountable for resource requirements, and the establishment and delivery of project schedules, and the safe delivery of results on time and within budget.
- Will manage contractors as well as other engineers on each project.
- Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity. Assignments are reviewed for overall soundness and adherence to stated objectives.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree or Higher in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- 6+ of experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical or other related industries.
- Demonstrated experience in FEED/FEL Engineering practices.
- Demonstrated construction management and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ASME, API, ANSI, ASTM and AWS standards.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of appropriate OSHA Process Safety Management Elements.
- Thorough understanding of chemical manufacturing equipment.
- Experience in leading multi-functional teams.
- Demonstrates values of Integrity, Teamwork, Performance, Learning, and Courage.
- Batch Chemical Maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience leading in a union environment preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP and/or MAXIMO maintenance management systems desired.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; PASADENA
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network