Data Scientist - Deep Learning
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Experience Level: Entry-Level
- Posted Date: 2/28/2018 5:52:03 PM
- Job #: 3072760
- Location(s): United States; California; San Ramon
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Data Scientist will work in teams addressing statistical, machine learning and data understanding problems in a commercial technology and consultancy development environment. In this role, they will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.
The Data Scientist will work in teams developing deep learning based solutions for the Oil & Gas industry. In this role, you will contribute to the development and deployment of modern deep learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and topological data analysis methods for finding structure in large data sets.
As a Data Scientist, you will be part of a dynamic data science team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics, optimization and prognostics across the Oil & Gas industry.
• Demonstrated awareness of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., Python, Tensorflow, Caffe, Theano, CNTK, etc.)
• Demonstrated awareness to containerized solutions (Docker)
• Demonstrated awareness of how to function in a team setting
• Demonstrated awareness of critical thinking and problem solving methods
• Demonstrated awareness of presentation skills
• Demonstrated awareness of how to leverage curiosity and creativity to drive business impact
• Works well in fast paced growing environment
Locations: United States; California; San Ramon
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network