Sr. Software Engineer - Java
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/1/2018 12:58:08 AM
- Job #: 1714674
- Location(s): India; SIKKIM (11); KOCHI
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes Incorporated (BHI) offers the opportunity as an experienced Solution Engineer to join the team in Cochin, India
- Monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting of Real-time data-streams and displays.
- Troubleshooting of Real-time related issues
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- Communicating with peers/supervisors/subordinates and getting information from all available sources.
- communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features
- Able to explain solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholder
- Engage with Product Owner for streamlining stories.
- Testing and validating new releases
- Bachelor Degree in Petroleum Engineering
- 3+ years application software experience
- Experience in Real-Time Production data management and surveillance or performance management solutions
- Understanding of PetroSocial solutions in drilling/production
- Self-starter, enthusiastic, energetic and positive can-do attitude
- Presentation Skills & Focus to take vision to concept to reality
- Creativity to enhance or shape new products
- Highly motivated and team-oriented
- Ability to learn new technologies and apply them quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Minimum of 1-2 years upstream solutions experience
- Industry knowledge in Overall Oil Drilling & Completion process
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas Data Standards (WITS&WITSML).
- Knowledge in any of the specialized domain like Directional Drilling, MWD/LWD, Mud logging & Well Completion
- Well versed in Data Analysis.
- Good understanding of IT and Engineering essential.
Cochin , India
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: India; SIKKIM (11); KOCHI
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network