Quality Control Inspector - 3rd Shift (Artificial Lift) Midland, TX
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/1/2018 12:52:05 PM
- Job #: 1803559
- Location(s): United States; Texas; MIDLAND
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Quality Control Inspector – 3rd Shift to support Artificial Lift in Midland, TX. This position will work cross-functional and deals with a variety of vendors and clients (both internal and external) on the inspection of parts, products and services to ensure adherence to BHGE quality standards. Qualified candidates will work with a variety of industry and measurement tools and processes to ensure quality parts meet engineering specifications.
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
- Act as a point of contact for answering quality related questions for the shop floor.
- Promote a work environment of world-class quality and continual improvement.
- Follow through on any tasks, assignments or projects that management assigns.
- Perform internal audits and aid in other types of audits as required.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in machining or quality inspection of some type.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings
- Basic skills in MS Excel and MS Word
- Must be able to work 3rd shift schedule
- Will train on 1st shift for the first several weeks
- SAP experience
- Prior oilfield experience
- ISO training
- Quality auditing experience
- Technical degree and/or training
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; MIDLAND
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network