Engineer - Field Services
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Entry-Level
- Posted Date: 3/1/2018 3:53:37 PM
- Job #: 3075064
- Location(s): Canada; Alberta; Edmonton, Fort McMurray
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Systems and Instrumentation representative is a key part of the operations team responsible for design, planning, execution, and troubleshooting of Asset Condition Monitoring Systems focused on meeting customer and business goals. This position will be focused on systems and instrumentation (both project and reactive based) service dependent on the skills of the successful candidate and needs of the business.
• Install and commission Bently Nevada hardware and software in a wide variety of machine types encountered in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper, and other process industries.
• Assure the service is executed in a timely manner and in accordance with the customer's schedule.
• Understand contractual commitments and scope of work
• When applicable, coordinate different personnel and groups involved in the service execution
• Install transducers and configure monitoring systems.
• Identify problems and take the initiative to eliminate those problems for project/service success.
• Complete installation/commissioning documentation.
• Perform installations, commissioning, and trouble-shooting of Bently Nevada Hardware and Software Products and Solutions at GE and customer locations.
• Complete standard service reports, invoicing packages, and other administrative requirements timely.
• Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality.
• Support the growth initiatives of the business.
• Technology diploma Mechanics or Electronics
• Available for extensive travel, up to 70%, and to work significant over-time.
• Possess a valid driver's license and passport
• Demonstrates authority and assurance dealing with people.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel.
• Electronics and/or mechanical trouble shooting skills. “Hands-on approach”.
• Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; Experience working independently; Experience prioritizing, organizing work, and meeting deadlines.
• Experience setting/meeting aggressive targets and working under stressful working conditions.
• Strong computer skills using MS Office software.
• Knowledge of Bently Nevada products and services or other machinery protection and management systems.
• Public presentation & training skills.
• Knowledge of rotating machinery operation and controls systems.
• Familiarity with tools including but not limited to: Bently Nevada TK-Series Test Kits, Thermocouple Calibrator, RTD Calibrator, handheld DMM, function generator, power supply, oscilloscope, basic hand tools (training available as needed).
• Experience reading, interpreting, and understanding mechanical and electrical prints.
• Experience using AutoCAD
• Basic familiarity with computer network systems.
Locations: Canada; Alberta; Edmonton, Fort McMurray
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network