CNC Programmer (Manufacturing Specialist)
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/2/2018 3:52:39 PM
- Job #: 1804007
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Aberdeen City; ABERDEEN
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The role entails the development of methods and procedures in relation to the manufacturing process, and responsibility for quality off-line programming of a variety of CNC machine tool types. To provide set up and tooling information for machine operators to minimise any production delays. To support shop floor editing of programs on prove out when required.
· Writing, testing and maintaining CNC programs for a wide variety of machining centres
· Provision of detailed set-up and tooling sheets
· Providing support to the manufacturing group in relation to amendments and updates on programs
· Ensuring that best practices are followed to maintain high levels of quality
· Assist with identifying, planning and coordinating specialised tooling or gauges necessary for component manufacture.
· Assist with investigating and resolving shop floor problems
· Assist the methods and planning departments as required
· Responsible for ensuring that all activities are conducted in line with all HSE requirements and procedures.
· Continuous process improvement & special projects as assigned.
· Ability to coach and mentor other team members when required
· Any Other Duties as Required
· HNC in mechanical engineering or equivalent
· Experience gained in a manufacturing environment working CNC machines
· Experience and knowledge of manufacturing processes using CNC Machine centres
· Experienced in problem solving in relation to manufacturing and machining processes
· Experience of using SAP in relation to manufacturing methodology
· Experience gained in relation to programming machines for the manufacture of tools, using a variety of metals and processes
· Experience of working with 3D CAD/CAM packages
· Experience of different programing code, ISO, Heidenhain, Mazak would be beneficial
· An understanding of manufacturing processes for a variety of materials, including nickel alloys and chrome
· Knowledge of CNC machine probes
· Knowledge in the operation of multi-axis mills, mill-turns and lathes
· Knowledge of HSE policies and procedure relating to machining
· Skills in the accurate programming of CNC Machinery
· Attention to detail
· Communication skills
· Analytical & Problem solving skills
· Organisation skills
· Ability to understand complex manufacturing drawings and process instructions
· Ability of selecting best practice cutting tools and their application
· Skilled in the use of Solid Works CAD and NX CAM would be beneficial
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team environment
· Skills in the use of SAP would be beneficial
· Ability to plan and prioritise workloads coupled with ability to work under pressure
· Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office packages
· Skills in the use of SAP would be beneficial
· Skills in the use of Solid Works CAD and NX CAM preferred, although other CAM packages considered
· Skills in the use of Microsoft Office packages
· Good PC skills
· Familiar with DNC systems and file control
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen City; ABERDEEN
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network