- Job Function: Field Operations
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/2/2018 3:52:49 PM
- Job #: 1803528
- Location(s): Denmark; Danish Capital Reg.; ESBJERG
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Assist with operation and maintenance of the High Pressure Pumping equipment onboard vessel.
Assist as required with operation and maintenance of all stimulation associated equipment onboard vessel.
1. Operate the high pressure equipment as called for in the job design. This requires observing the pressures and rates during the operation.
2. Responsible for shutting down the pumps to avoid an over pressure situation. Ensure trips are set to correct parameters and tested.
3. Some operations of other types of equipment on board the vessel or at the port facilities as designated by Vessel Supervisor.
4. Set up of equipment prior to operation and the monitoring of equipment during treatments.
5. Transfer of chemicals as designated by Vessel Supervisor.
6. Assist with loading and off-loading operations as designated by Vessel Supervisor.
7. Learn and keep up-to-date with all required product (chemicals, etc.) information.
8. Perform maintenance / repair of all assigned equipment.
9. Maintain high pressure equipment certificate in accordance with company procedures.
10. Ensure records are logged for all repairs and maintenance of equipment and maintenance system updated.
11. All defective equipment is reported to Vessel Supervisor and ensure remedial action is taken to repair same.
12. Provide training, guidance and advice to personnel working under their direction.
13. Actively ensure own health and safety and the health and safety of all fellow workers or other workers is preserved at all times.
14. Ensure full awareness of, and compliance with, the requirements of all relevant BHGE, COMPANY HSE handbooks, HSE procedures and emergency procedures.
15. Perform to the Quality Standards set by BHGE.
16. Responsible for up-keep and maintenance of Sandpiper Pumps and Associated Spares Inventory.
17. Responsible for Housekeeping in Following Areas – Aft Acid Room, Aft Store and Winch Cab.
18. Any other duties as assigned by Vessel Supervisor.
Safe Working Within area of responsibility:
1. Prevent the potential escalation of any stimulation operational critical condition.
2. Satisfy current legislation, codes of practice and BHGE health and safety organizational requirements.
3. Ensure that accidents and incidents are effectively managed and investigated in accordance with BHGE, COMPANY and legislative requirements.
4. Ensure that health and safety systems, security systems, procedures are utilized to maximum effect to avoid accidents and incidents.
5. Ensure all necessary records are complete accurate and legible, are filed as per procedure and are communicated to those personnel who have the right to know.
1. Preferably 2+ years in last 5 years on vessels/offshore/onshore in Equipment Operator position, but not mandatory.
2. Evidence of O-Cap, mechanical, etc type training or similar preferred.
3. Hold all relevant training certificates e.g., current UKOOA medical, STCW 95, offshore survival certificate.
4. Ability to perform duties within difficult parameters and in a challenging environment in accordance with BHGE QHSE systems, standard practices and statutory regulations.
5. Good interpersonal and communication skills 6. Intermediate (or higher) ability with MS Word / Excel preferred.
Vessel based, Denmark
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Denmark; Danish Capital Reg.; ESBJERG
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network