Quality Control Inspector - 2nd Shift (Completions & Wellbore Intervention) - Houston, TX
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/2/2018 5:51:23 PM
- Job #: 1803497
- Location(s): United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Quality Control Inspector for 2nd Shift supporting Completions and Wellbore Intervention at our Emmott Road facility in Houston, TX. This position will work cross functional and deals with a variety of vendors and clients on the inspection of parts, products and services to ensure adherence to quality standards. Qualified candidates will work with a variety of industry and measurement tools and processes to ensure quality parts are being delivered to engineering specification.
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
- Act as a point of contact for answering quality related questions for the shop floor.
- Promote a work environment of world class quality and continual improvement.
- Follow through on any tasks, assignments or projects that management assigns.
- Perform internal audits and aid in other types of audits as required.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5+ years of experience in machining and/or quality dimensional inspection.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, MTR’s (material test reports) and supplier certification.
- Basic knowledge of control of non-conforming product
- Basic skills in MS Excel and MS Word
- Candidates must be willing to work 2nd Shift from 2pm to 10pm and overtime as project requires
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, for any employer, without sponsorship
- SAP experience
- Prior oilfield experience preferably with Completions Equipment and components.
- ISO/API training
- Quality auditing experience
- Technical degree and/or training
- Use of basic measuring equipment including Optical Comparator and Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM).
- Magnetic Particle & Liquid Penetrate Testing Level II
Houston, TX 77040
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network