Field Services Leader (Drilling Services) - Houston, TX
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/2/2018 8:50:44 PM
- Job #: 1803668
- Location(s): United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Field Services Leader (Drilling Services) to be based in Houston, TX
- Technical & commercial knowledge of Well Drilling Program, Basic experience is needed:
- Engineering software capabilities
- Well profile planning and re-planning
- Development of Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA) concept
- Simulation and calculation of loads on drilling tools and BHA
- Simulation and calculation of hydraulics, Torque & Drag
- This is an office-based position with 12-hour rotation shift. You will be responsible for monitoring real-time drilling operations in order to ensure service delivery.
- To capture lessons learn, responsible to develop and implement Best Drilling Practices.
- Responsible for application support, tracking emails, phone calls, requests and incident tracking
- Work with regional and global teams to ensure resilience of service and information security
- Proactive, Positive personality with strong / flexible work ethic
- Ability to work as part of a team and also on own initiative and to communicate / liaise with personnel within Drilling Services internal teams and client account personnel
- Additional projects as assigned by Remote Operations Center Manager and Service Manager
Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Core Values.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of oilfield operational experience
- Proficient in Windows Operating systems and MS office applications
- Knowledge of incident management systems
- Ability to facilitate multi-cultural, multi-location teams
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Self-directed, goal oriented and innovative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and experienced in working with strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Internet applications, including e-mail clients and web browsers
- Strong desire to develop and grow in knowledge and experience
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Work experience as a Applications or Drilling Engineer
- Experience as Optimization Engineer is a plus.
- Experience with remote operations services.
- Knowledge of ITIL preferred
- Knowledge of WITSML preferred
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network