Subsea Architecture& Optimisation Leader
- Job Function: Product Management
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/5/2018 8:51:39 AM
- Job #: 2994192
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Bristol, Aberdeen
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Subsea Architecture& Optimisation Leader is a key and essential role within the subsea Product Management team. The role provides the focus, vision and leadership required to grow BHGE Subsea Production System (SPS) margin and share through the full life cycle development of our subsea systems product offering, The role reports to the Subsea and Services Product Leader.
This varied and wide reaching role touches all parts of our business and our customers. The Subsea Architecture& Optimisation Leader – is responsible for standardising our approach to integrated systems and ensuring global adherence to our systemic solution to subsea architectures. Ensuring the lowest total installed cost, with maximised availability is presented to our customers.
- Product standardization and structuring, identifying standard interfaces
- Analysis of technical trends
- Benchmark costs for standard system solutions.
- Ensure optimised interface with SURF, drilling and FPSO contractors
- Define technical strengths and weaknesses
- Review of system architectures
- Identification of technical gaps and technical opportunities.
- Segmentation of market by technical capability i.e. who will be the strongest in which market.
- Define PLE / NPI needs and opportunities
- Define and prepare toll gate review documentation for NPI / PLE investments
- Manage and execute ongoing programs
- Encourage and promote product Idea disclosures
- Direct influence on the global Subsea system FEED and Applications engineering team to ensure correct and optimised system offering on each and every deal
- The team will Support technical clarifications meetings and customer visit to enhance the profile of the BHGE offer
- Responsible for the brand image portrayed to the market place through our offerings and exposure in the press and exhibitions
- Bachelors Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience and significant years relevant experience
- Significant business experience in Industrial organisations and/or Manufacturing. Knowledge of subsea tree systems
- Proven track record of achievement to this grade
- Excellent presentation and leadership skills comfortable talking to senior executive in Oil and Gas companies
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
Locations: United Kingdom; Bristol, Aberdeen
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network