Warehouseperson (Manufacturing Chemicals) Pasadena, TX
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/5/2018 11:52:02 AM
- Job #: 1804106
- Location(s): United States; Texas; PASADENA
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an immediate opening for a Warehouseperson to be based out of Pasadena, TX.
- Label, fill, load, unload, and transfer empty and full drums, pails, bags, super sacks, and portable tanks and bulk trailers of all chemical products used and produced in the plant.
- Perform appropriate inventory transactions and record keeping both manual and electronic, as required.
- Verify receiving and shipping paperwork for accuracy, in accordance with established policies.
- Operate drum picker and forklift on a routine basis.
- Insure proper and safe operation of equipment used in the loading and unloading process.
- Cut pick tickets and bills of lading as needed.
- Call in appropriate carriers for load pick-ups as needed.
- Provide labor support as directed by supervision.
- Attend on site and off site training, deemed necessary by the Company, in order to build and maintain qualifications.
- Oversee housekeeping and cleanliness in the area.
- Follow all HS&E policies and procedures in accordance with the Bayport HS & E Management System.
- High School diploma and at least a year’s experience working in general warehouse.
- Attitude is the most important aspect of this role. A good attitude will get you very far in this role.
- Candidate must pass a physical ability test.
- Ability to produce complete and accurate paperwork.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Previous chemical warehouse experience is a plus
- A self-starter and can work with little direction
- The work schedule is a rotating 12 hour shift on the “DuPont” schedule, which is a 28 day rotating cycle between days, nights and weekends.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; PASADENA
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network