Senior EHS Manager Latam
- Job Function: Environmental Health & Safety
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/5/2018 1:52:52 PM
- Job #: 1804012
- Location(s): Brazil; Rio de Janeiro; RIO DE JANEIRO
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This visible and exciting role owns all areas in the Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) space for the entire Latin America region. The position reports to the HSE Leader Global Operations and will engage significantly with the Leadership Team for the Latin America region. This position is based in Rio de Janeiro.
- Drive the HSE ownership in the Latin America region and across the enterprise to industry-leading high levels of performance as evidenced by a track record of consistent delivery and development of strategies supporting the business.
- Ultimately accountable for directing within the Latin America region a responsible enterprise-wide policy with respect to preserving the environment and protecting the health and safety of employees.
- Direct a high performing team of HSE professionals in demanding environments and set high expectations and take accountability for the performance, reliability and responsiveness of HSE staff, their pace and urgency in implementing safety and environmental programs.
- Identify and attract key individuals with the critical capabilities needed by the current organization.
- Direct regional HSE strategies that position the business to shape and capitalize on emerging customer and market needs.
- Create and imbed a continued safety culture shift throughout the region.
- Play a leadership role in shaping and delivering the key HSE priorities (Interdependent Safety Culture, Perfect HSE days, 5 Fundamentals, Incident investigations).
- Champion breakthrough ideas and initiatives.
- May take an active and effective stance in representing the company in external industry communities.
- Identify and anticipate customer requirements, expectations and needs and serves as the senior level point of contact on HSE related issues
- Be an agent for change and a driver of high performance.
- Demonstrate personal flexibility to adapt and compromise when necessary while actively contributing new thinking and innovation to the broader organization.
- Be proactive on enterprise and emerging issues, regulatory issues and industry trends.
- Take corrective action on programs (new or legacy) that are underperforming.
- Build relationships with others and uses the informal structure and culture of the organization to get things accomplished.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Health Safety or Environmental discipline, Engineering or related field
- 12+ years HSE experience
- 7 years in management
- HSE reporting record keeping and technical aspects
- Process safety management and root cause analysis experience
- Experience working with executive leadership
- HSE Professional Certification
- International experience working in Latin America
- Evidence of efficiently working in a highly matrixed organization
- Proven track record of improving HSE performance
- Up to 40% travel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries, functions, and/or geographies.
- Extensive knowledge of business plans, customer requirements, and customer demands.
- Ability to build rapport and influence across geography and product lines.
- Ability to manage and develop complex teams.
- Must have demonstrable experience in changing work environments.
- Ability to coach and mentor employees.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Brazil; Rio de Janeiro; RIO DE JANEIRO
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network