Integrated Fullstream Operations Region Director (LATAM) - Houston, TX
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/5/2018 5:52:29 PM
- Job #: 1804191
- Location(s): United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The purpose of the Integrated Fullstream Operations (IFO) Region Director is to develop and implement the Commercial/Business pursuit of multi-segment integrated opportunities within their region. Each Region Director will also have oversight responsibilities of active IFO projects in their region, keeping an eye on alignment between IFO, Product Company and Region. This role will deliver seamless performance while aligning with business objectives and ensuring compliance with our company and industry regulations
Knowledge and Skillsets should include but are not limited to:
- Serve on IFO Leadership Team, promoting collaboration within the organization, assisting with strategies, visions and initiative to support BHGE enterprise goals.
- Ability to think strategically and globally considering industry, market, customer and other external business factors
- Take initiative to drive organization to a higher level of performance, efficiency and/or growth
- Manage execution and drive change across direct reports and the business with unquestioned ethics
- Ability to analyze information quickly and response responsibly
- Lead without rank
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders/audiences
- Develop a strong regional Commercial team that will be able to screen, identify and pursue business opportunities in the region.
- Shape role assignments that leverage and develop employee capabilities, including the development of potential successors and future talent.
- Capability to influence and have executive communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience displaying a thorough understanding of the needs of the operator (Oil Company).
- Motivated by continuous-improvement mindset to build better processes, systems and business relationships.
- Demonstrate adaptability when necessary while actively contributing new innovative thinking.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and/or field location personnel where required.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, team building and influencing skills.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Own and manage the Region wide screening process for all IFO opportunities.
- Provide knowledgeable and credible leadership, oversight and guidance to all IFO projects & operations in your region.
- Work closely with the commercial team to support the clients in your region.
- Assists commercial team in bid preparation.
- Document any HSE (Health, Safety, Security and Environmental) incidents that may occur. As required, lead initial data gathering and initial investigations
- Ensure Region personnel comply with HS&E Management System by setting the correct example and being a role model for implementation of safe work practices.
- Lead the regional Project Evaluation team and Pursuit Managers, in order to ensure winning strategies are developed and executed to increase win rate of Projects in your regions.
- Ensure that the Stage gate process is implemented from pursuit (opportunity) to execution (Operations) in your region.
- Maintain and constantly improve IFO’ competitive positions in your region.
- Liaise closely with Region Sales teams on opportunities.
- Participate in development of strategies for IFO activities within your region working closely with the Region and Geo-market teams.
- Ensure alignment with Geomarkets and BHGE Product Companies, to deliver winning strategies and bids.
- Evaluate and prioritize regional opportunities based on risk profile, revenues and profits.
- Evaluate and source competitive third party contracts and/or alliances for rigs, slick line, well testing, camps, civil works, onshore/offshore logistics services, etc. in your region.
- Provide leadership for negotiations with customers and third parties in your region.
- Evaluate and recommend strategic alliance partnerships for third party services in your region.
- Provide leadership for contract maintenance and opportunity mining to drive higher profits and assure contracts are being followed as agreed to in your region.
- Conduct business in accordance with the BHGE’s Spirit and Letter.
- Works closely with the IFO OPS team to support the region clients.
- Coordinate with ‘start up’ team for all new projects as per IMS guidelines.
- Work with Operations and HSE team to implement best practices in Operations/HSE risk management are implemented.
- Thorough understanding of third party resources needed to complete an IFO offering and how to access regional resources.
- Thorough understanding of market conditions, with particular focus on region of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, commercial, financial or subsurface (G&G, reservoir or production) discipline
- Bi-lingual in Spanish & English
- Minimum 15+ years of experience from a top tier oil and gas operator/service organization
- Minimum of five years’ experience with managing and leading employees.
- 25-35% of Travel Time
- 5 Preferred experience with petroleum economics
- Maters Degree
- Fluent in Portuguese
- Preferred experience in managing and negotiating with third parties
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network