GPE Lead (Geosciences) Cannonsburg, PA
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/5/2018 6:52:12 PM
- Job #: 1803839
- Location(s): United States; Pennsylvania; CANONSBURG
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Geoscience & Petroleum Engineering (GPE) Lead position focuses on delivering the value proposition of BHGE tools and services through supporting our clientele under BHGE to advance reservoir performance and improve ROI.
- Acts as reservoir centric focal point to customer (as opposed to BHGE operations coordination)
- Builds and develops technical and commercial business relationships with clients
- Works side by side with the Product Lines in Area to explain the reservoir application of a proposed BHGE service
- Has technical skills to create GPE products and deliverables for customers.
- Works directly with clients to assess their needs and develops solutions that contain GPE’s advisory and BHGE’s products and services
- Acquires and sells subsurface studies to customers with BHGE Operations execution as an outcome
- Provides reservoir development related technical expertise and combines that with available BHGE technologies to proactively develop business opportunities and advise internal and external customers on their application
- Works with the other GPE Lead individuals to enable the local delivery of GPE business segments
- To assist the business development teams when required, providing information to prospective clients.
- To perform the function of Project Manager when required and when most appropriate.
This role will require knowledge of all aspects of the upstream value stream from exploration to mature assets. A suitable candidate for this position should offer:
- Degree in petroleum/reservoir engineering or appropriate related subject, post-graduate qualification(s) desirable
- At least 10 - 15 years relevant oil industry experience essential, some or all of it with an operator and/or large oilfield service company, desirable
- Experience with Unconventional Oil and Gas projects, highly desirable
- Possesses a clear understanding of the oil & gas upstream value chain and client drivers essential
- Ability to build rapport and network across complex organizations and disciplines, highly desirable
- Has managed diverse and multi-cultural teams, desirable
- Has the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, absolutely desirable
- Ability to negotiate towards win-win situations and find progressing opportunities, highly desirable
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, and manage such teams when necessary absolutely desirable
- Willingness to travel absolutely essential
- International experience, both Onshore and Offshore desirable
- Be confident, flexible and adaptable and perform under stress when required, highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication, absolutely essential
Canonsburg, PA, USA
Locations: United States; Pennsylvania; CANONSBURG
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network