Welder/Assembler - 2nd Shift - Houston, TX
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/5/2018 11:51:31 PM
- Job #: 1803499
- Location(s): United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Welder/Assembler for 2nd Shift to support Supply Chain at our facility in Houston, TX. Welder/Assembler required for Emmott Road manufacturing plant.
- Performs welding applications and helps facilitate the team in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving welding problems that enhance through-put within the work team
- Required to pass periodic welding tests and qualifications in compliance with qualification procedures
- Reads blueprints and assemble components/assemblies.
- Performs visual and in-process inspections
- Documents traceability of material on work orders and the company's computer system.
- Inspects parts for accuracy and to ensure high standards of quality.
- Inputs production time into the company's computer system for utilization tracking.
- Handles general daily maintenance on machines to maintain production workflow.
- Performs thorough housekeeping of machinery and work area to ensure work efficiency.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of welding/assembly experience
- Knowledge of welding processes – TIG/MIG/Stick welding.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and follow basic work instructions.
- Ability to read measuring equipment required to complete the part.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read and understand instructions, procedure manuals
- Self-motivated individual who maintains a positive attitude and interacts well with others, possesses initiative, and is a good communicator with strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift hours from 2pm to 10pm.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Screen Manufacturing Experience
Houston, TX 77040
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network