Workover Motors Reliability Engineer - Oklahoma City, OK
- Job Function: Quality
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/6/2018 11:52:56 AM
- Job #: 1802174
- Location(s): United States; Oklahoma; OKLAHOMA CITY
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Workover Motors Reliability Engineer at the Motor Center of Excellence in Oklahoma City, OK. This role will focus on field incident management, root cause analysis, and corrective action through close interaction and collaboration with product engineering, manufacturing, and maintenance functions. Responsibilities include leading, escalating and supporting incident reviews with Product Line and Geomarkets, owning and supporting Geomarkets’ reliability data quality and product line performance, and conducting data trend analysis and technical studies for achieving required levels of product reliability. Upon hire, an initial 6 week training period in Celle, Germany may be required.
- Reviews field incidents and leads root cause analysis activities
- Creates and communicates investigation and product performance reports
- Develops corrective action plans and implements in collaboration with product engineering, supply chain quality, and manufacturing
- Proactively conducts statistical analysis and performance trend activities
- Supports & drives data quality and compliance
- Initiates activities that drive continuous improvement in service and product delivery as measured by key performance indicators
- Maintains revision of assembly, maintenance, and operational procedures as needed
- Creates and coordinates publishing of Technical Bulletins
- Supports and shares best practices and lessons learned within product lines and geomarket teams
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering – preferably in mechanical engineering
- 8+ years of engineering experience especially with mechanical designs and systems
- Root cause analysis, including cause mapping or other cause-effect methodology, and failure analysis experience
- Background in statistical analysis
- Excellent communication skills, tact and diplomacy to interface with various internal and external customers
- Advanced problem solving
- Good organizing, planning, and presentation skills
- Must be result and action oriented
- Computer literate – Excel, Visio, Power Point
- Expected travel frequency 20% with minimal notice
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Oil and gas industry experience preferred
Project management skills
Oklahoma City, OK 73114
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Oklahoma; OKLAHOMA CITY
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network