Field Operator (Wireline) - Shafter, CA
- Job Function: Field Operations
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/6/2018 1:51:11 PM
- Job #: 1804096
- Location(s): United States; California; SHAFTER
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for Field Operator to be based out of Shafter, CA.
- Preparing for jobs and performing tool maintenance, pre-job and post- job tool checkout.
- Rigging-up and rigging-down equipment at the well site.
- Service mechanical devices and building logging cable heads
- Perforating cable heads and maintenance on the tools
- Maintaining well site/DOT records and communications as required by District Manager
- Completing job-related paperwork and other records for self and assigned crew
- Promoting and maintaining good customer relations
- Receiving instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on well site activity
- Performing basic duties at the well site and at the shop
- Driving company vehicles in a safe manner while observing Company and government regulations
- Participating in quality improvement efforts for ballistics operations
- May supervise and train other Field Operators while maintaining a high level of safety awareness at the well site
- Performing other related duties as required
- 2 years of Wireline experience.
- Industry experience and product line training required
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Class A CDL license
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work and communicate well with customers and employees
- Ability to utilized computers for communication, reporting and other work-related purposes
- HazMat endorsement is highly preferred
- Current California Blasters License
- Crane certification
- Career-minded individuals with a strong work ethic are preferred.
- Previous experience as a Wireline Field Operator
- Must have the ability to work on-call 24x7 and flexibility to work at well sites for extended periods of time
- Must have a clean driving record and the ability to pass a Federal background check
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions
- Must be safety and environmentally minded
- May require relocation
- Carrying out all required responsibilities according to Company policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with all Federal, Country, State, Local and WLE regulations applicable to WLE explosives operations.
Baker Hughes a GE company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; California; SHAFTER
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network