Buyer/Procurement Specialist (Completions & Wellbore Intervention) - Houston, TX
- Job Function: Sourcing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/6/2018 1:51:14 PM
- Job #: 1803917
- Location(s): United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Buyer/Procurement Specialist supporting Completions & Wellbore Intervention at our 6023 Navigation facility in Houston, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, BHGE offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
- Under general supervision, manages delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction for established suppliers
- Interviews or contacts supplier salespersons, and secures bids
- May substitute items within pre-approved guidelines
- Actively uses continuous improvement tools to improve HS&E, quality, delivery, financial performance, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Assists in the mining and analyzing of data
- Manages purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, mitigation of billing adjustments / terminations and execution of cost reduction goals
- Selects and negotiates with approved vendors
- Expedite the filling of orders by suppliers to meet production
- Actively drives supplier improvement activities and supplier program reviews
- Works to maximize production capacity in accordance with production and master schedules
- Handles special projects as assigned which can be broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity
- Fosters active daily use of continuous improvement tools to improve HS&E, quality, delivery, financial performance, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction. Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Core Values
- Bachelor's Degree candidates with 3+ years of procurement, sourcing or similar experience OR Non-degree candidates with 3+ years of procurement, sourcing, & Manufacturing or Supply Chain experience
- Broad knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications including use of modelling and database functionality in Excel
- Knowledge of SAP
- Excellent negotiation, communication, organization, problem solving, and planning skills
- Must be able to balance multiple projects in a challenging, fast-paced work environment
- Must be a team player and flexible to work in cross functional teams
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- May be required to travel up to 5% of the time to visit suppliers
Sound knowledge of Completions Product Line
- Project/Order management experience
- Ability to read drawings
- 3+ year’s manufacturing, buying, production knowledge
6023 Navigation, Houston, TX
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network