Additive Manufacturing Process Engineer – Houston, TX
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/6/2018 5:53:17 PM
- Job #: 1803905
- Location(s): United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for an Additive Manufacturing Process supporting the Enterprise AM team at the Rankin Rd. facility in Houston, TX. This role will focus on the design, development and introduction of innovative and creative AM solutions for all/any product lines across BHGE. This position requires a strong fundamental background in Additive Manufacturing processes. It is essential that the candidate has a proven track record of operating powder-bed AM machines and an in-depth understanding of design, process and material differences between traditional and AM methods.
- Execute on AM projects by providing AM process knowledge, design optimization and necessary AM strategies for successful 3d printing of a product
- Serve as process qualification owner responsible for build success of approved designs
- Expert in AM Software such as Magics
- Provide AM process input and design optimization
- Print for productivity; generate maintenance plans
- Understand machine technology; own machine qualification
- Work with material scientist to generate, own and approve process specifications for each machine
- Ensure safe, controlled, robust and efficient process operations for every build
- Utilize automation and control technology within the process where appropriate
- Engage with internal customers to explore and understand needs for 3D printing, manufacturing, and innovation.
- Provide AM oriented process training for chosen AM modalities (powder-bed, directed energy deposition etc)
- Communicate and facilitate AM material and process discussions and requirements, interface with Product Line
- Organize and contribute to ideation and brainstorming events, perform DoE. Generate Intellectual Property.
- Produce technical reports (process specifications), approvals and oversight per required standards
- Stay current with industry trends and market information on AM.
- Maintain an understanding of internal customer business challenges and how to implement AM as a solution.
- Understanding of Oil and Gas metallurgy and functional needs and towards AM process optimization
- In-depth understanding of various AM processes in-depth to determine material-process-design interdependencies.
- Proven ability and operational experience to optimize machine parameters for delivering a successful AM product
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 7+ years of mechanical design work experience
- 3+ years of operational experience with running Direct Metal Laser Melting, Direct Energy Deposition, Binder Jetting, or other metal Additive Manufacturing processes.
- 7+ years of experience in Solidworks or equivalent CAD tools
- Preferred software familiarity with AM Process Simulation with Ansys, Autodesk Netfabb, Simufact or similar.
Strong technical background,
Ability and initiative to apply innovation to additive manufacturing process design and development with an aptitude for problem solving
Enthusiasm and commitment to deliver challenging projects against targets
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and will be capable of planning and managing their own time and projects to meet business targets and expectations.
Keen attention to detail and good communication skills.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network