Procurement Buyer (Operations) - Tulsa, OK
- Job Function: Sourcing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/6/2018 10:51:13 PM
- Job #: 1804184
- Location(s): United States; Oklahoma; TULSA
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Buyer role in Tulsa, OK supports all aspects of the purchasing and related ERP functions. Successful candidates will be required to take a “hands on” approach to problem solving, have demonstrated knowledge of ERP tasks and projects as well as advanced time management skills. Buyer will work closely managers and suppliers to ensure overall BHGE strategy success.
- Manages delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction for established suppliers.
- Manages purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, mitigation of billing adjustments / terminations and execution of cost reduction goals.
- Will create PO's to procure raw materials from various suppliers.
- Acts as a liaison between production and the supplier to ensure that deliveries are made in a timely manner. Ensure that invoices are correct so that suppliers receive payments on time. Will be working with internal and external customers.
- May expedite the filling of orders by suppliers to meet production.
- May substitute items within pre-approved guidelines.
- Actively uses continuous improvement tools to improve HS&E, quality, delivery, financial performance, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Core Values.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 + years’ procurement, sourcing or similar experience
- Knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, including some knowledge of intermediate level Excel functionality
- SAP Knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks in a challenging, fast-paced work environment
- Supplier Negotiations and/or YOY cost savings success.
- Successful candidate will be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Oklahoma; TULSA
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network