Technical Support Manager (Drill Bits) - Houston, TX
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/7/2018 2:52:35 PM
- Job #: 1804086
- Location(s): United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Technical Support Manager in Houston, TX. The Drill Bits product line is the leader in Tricone™, Kymera, PDC, ream-while-drilling and casing drilling technologies. Our application and design engineers work with customers to provide the best drill bits and operating practices for the application to continuously improve drilling performance.
- Managing a complex portfolio (Kymera, PDC, EZC, EZR, RWD, and DSM) of drill bit designs in a timely manner for the North America Offshore in the capacity of a field based designer
- Delivering best in class drill bit products to sales and operations teams, in addition working hand in hand with customers to develop application specific designs
- Special projects interfacing with a variety of areas (Gulf of Mexico, Trinidad, East Coast Canada, and Alaska), functional teams, and different Product Lines
- Responsible for providing sales support and product application recommendations
- Coordinates with area engineering teams to implement area specific product strategies and best practices
- Provides technical guidance and presentations to customers relating to product performance and new drill bit technology
- Will investigate unusual or unsatisfactory product performance to determine root cause and preventative actions
- Performs customer technical presentations
- Qualifies customer for Drilling Optimization and Application Engineering projects and coordinates efforts
- Provides technical consultation to customers on product / performance issues
- Conducts all business activities in accordance to BHGE HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Culture Pillars
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (mechanical/petroleum preferred)
- 5+ years oilfield industry experience in drilling
- Skilled level knowledge of two or more product lines and proper application of tools
- Thorough understanding of down hole hydraulics and rig operations
- Proficient use of computer based programs related to application of products, including WellCAD, Spotfire, and MS Excel
- This initiative driven, problem solver should be willing to increase their knowledge base in drill bit and drilling systems applications within the oilfield industry.
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of management in a team-oriented environment
- Travel approximately 30%; with required over-night travel
- May work in the dirt/rig sites; wearing PPE/HSE attire
- 5+ years drill bit experience
- Kymera drill bit design experience
- PDC drill bit design experience
- Great relationship with Drill Bits Product Line Technology teams.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and sales skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network