Fluids Engineer (Drilling Fluids)-Clarksburg, WV
- Job Function: Field Operations
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/7/2018 4:52:23 PM
- Job #: 1804176
- Location(s): United States; West Virginia; CLARKSBURG
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for Drilling Fluids Engineer-Clarksburg, WV.
- Under minimal supervision provides onsite services by measuring, testing and supervising the running of fluid mixing and pumping, including technical analysis and specific product and practical recommendations for controlling fluid properties.
- Maintains fluid properties on rig sites by testing fluid properties accurately. Maintains inventory at customer well sites.
- Must provide effective customer service by providing rig-site customers and coordinators information regarding the progress of a rig site and create/implement solutions to rig site problems.
- May make sales calls on the field and field office level or accompany Sales Representative performing the same function.
- Provide ongoing support to assist operations in providing our customers the most effective, environmentally safe drilling fluids available while optimizing the well-bore construction process and maximizing our customers' production.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Ability to do basic math, addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication
- Working experience with drilling fluids and hydraulic calculations
- Previous completion of a mud school
- Clean driving record
- Excellent communication both written and oral
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors Degree
- Previous experience as a drilling fluids/mud engineer
- Experience working in a lab
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; West Virginia; CLARKSBURG
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network