Quality Dimensional Inspector - 1st Shift (Completion & Wellbore Intervention) - Houston, TX
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/7/2018 10:50:56 PM
- Job #: 1803914
- Location(s): United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Quality Dimensional Inspector for 1st Shift to support Completion and Wellbore Intervention manufacturing at our Navigation facility in Houston, TX.
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database. Able to train other in basic techniques.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
- Act as a point of contact for answering quality related questions for the shop floor.
- Promote a work environment of world class quality and continual improvement.
- Follow through on any tasks, assignments or projects that management assigns.
- Perform internal audits and aid in other types of audits as required.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
High School Diploma or GED
5+ years of quality control inspection experience including dimensional testing and manufacturing.
- Experience with Measurement, Dimensions, and Tolerances
- Basic SAP skills.
- Use of basic measuring equipment including Optical Comparator and Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM).
Adhere to Safety Policy
Adhere to Quality Policy
Must be able to work 1st shift from 6:30am to 2:30pm
Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
Inspectors are to have or have the ability to be trained in the following:
Standard Mechanical gauges and hand tools to be able verify conformance of machined parts according to engineering specifications.
Micro Hite measuring equipment
CMM ( Optional )
Non destructive examination (NDE), Hardness Testing (Brinell and Rockwell) knowledge
Read and understand engineering prints.
Communication with shop operators and engineering.
SAP nonconformance reports (training available )
SAP transactional screens (training available )
- Premium thread inspection (Ex. VAM, Hunting).
- Some ISO and API (Industry) experience.
- SAP experience
- Prior oilfield experience preferably with Completions Equipment and components.
- Quality auditing experience
- Technical degree and/or training
- Magnetic Particle & Liquid Penetrate Testing Level II
- Level II NDE certified
6023 Navigation Blvd
Houston, TX 77011
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network