Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
- Job Function: Environmental Health & Safety
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/8/2018 4:52:16 AM
- Job #: 3076218
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Leicester
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
To assist in all areas of HSE Management within the facility. To aid the HSE Manager in general application of Health, Safety and Environmental programs and initiatives as necessary. To fulfill set aims and objectives within desired timeframes to achieve the highest HSE standards for the organisation. To provide assistance to all departments for all types of assessments and practical HSE advice.
- Implementation and maintenance of BHGE site policies/procedures/systems e.g. impact assessments, aspects register, working procedures, procedures, etc, to improve environmental aspects of current systems with the result of compliance with current legislation
- Perform impact and risk assessments on new and existing, equipment, processes and activities to identify and highlight all hazards to the environment, and recommend appropriate changes in policy, procedure and working methods in order that risk is reduced to an acceptable standard. The HSE Manager in all cases must sign this off.
- Investigate health, safety and environmental concerns, collating correct information, in order to ascertain the cause of the concern so that corrective action can be taken to prevent re-occurrences and ensure that relevant information is available statistical analysis.
- Organization of the company's internal HSE meetings as within the role’s scope including arranging and reporting all HSE concerns. This will include formal monitoring and progression of actions to ensure completion
- Liaison with staff at all levels with regard to issues raised, guidance and reporting of unsafe practices and conditions
- Communication of HSE issues to employees as necessary, including support of induction of all new employees
- COSHH Control – including the monitoring and assessment of substances and any requirements for segregation location, specific handling and storage requirements
- Monitoring and co-ordination of Environmental control systems
- Evaluating, developing, promoting and supporting the establishment and maintenance of company Management Systems
- Promoting and supporting compliance with and improvement of legislative requirements, HSE inspections and auditing
- Provide support on all HSE matters to the HSE Manager
- Auditor for HSE Management Systems (training will be provided if needed)
- Promotion of the concerns reporting system, whereby near miss reporting is of paramount importance (HSE concerns)
- Assist in the day to day running of the HSE Management System
- Report writing for all environmental and other HSE issues ~ to include detailed investigation of concerns and detailed results, summary and conclusions within the report
- Working on initiatives with the guidance of the HSE Manager
- Have basic knowledge of health and safety and stronger knowledge of environmental regulations as this will form a focus part of this role
This list is not exhaustive, additional roles and responsibilities maybe required at times in line with business demand.
- Strong experience in a similar role
- In-depth knowledge of UK Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Experience in application and maintenance of ISO14001
- Ability to work in an high pressure environment
- Willingness to drive continuous improvement and show initiative
- Good communicator
- Computer literate
- Quick learner
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Proven track record of managing ISO14001
- Implementation of ISO14001
Locations: United Kingdom; Leicester
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network