Lead Engineer (Directional Drilling) - Uganda
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/8/2018 6:51:26 AM
- Job #: 3077307
- Location(s): Uganda; Kampala
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This is a talent search initiative aimed at identifying and pipe lining Lead Engineers with drilling experience. When the vacancy becomes available, we will review this pool for suitable candidates.
- Provides skilled level support for the product line(s),technical selling, key field product application, well prognosis,and/or completion product performance.
- Assists with prototype tool applications and new product market introductions.
- Investigates unusual or unsatisfactory product performance to determine root cause and preventative action.
- Completes advanced well bore seminar and continues training in other product lines.
- May be lead engineering/technical position in region or area. (Field Service Personnel not included).
- Handles special projects, as assigned
- Problem solving skills Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Skilled level knowledge of two or more product lines and proper application of tools.
- Thorough understanding of down hole hydraulics and rig operations.
- Proficient use of computer based programs related to application of products.
- Previous experience in a similar role
Locations: Uganda; Kampala
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network