Drilling Engineer - Uganda
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/8/2018 6:51:33 AM
- Job #: 3077317
- Location(s): Uganda; Kampala
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This is a talent search initiative aimed at identifying and pipe-lining Drilling Engineers . When the vacancy becomes available, we will review this pool for suitable candidates.
- Develops and maintains regular key client contacts and relationships throughout assigned district/area/region.
- Develop new strategies for promoting BHI’s technology, people and equipment.
- Consults with customers and operations personnel to determine appropriate course of action at the well site.
- Prepares job recommendations based on the available job criteria and knowledge of disciplines and past performance.
- Maintains a close working relationship with field service personnel and lab personnel by telephone and periodic visits to job sites to assess effectiveness of recommendations
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Skilled level knowledge of two or more product lines and proper application of tools.
- Thorough understanding of down hole hydraulics and rig operations.
- Proficient use of computer based programs related to application of products.
- Problem solving skills.
Locations: Uganda; Kampala
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network