- Job Function: Field Operations
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/8/2018 9:53:51 AM
- Job #: 1801912
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Aberdeen City; ABERDEEN
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Senior level Offshore Chemist and Chemical Custodian for technically challenging heavy oil new field start up for a major North Sea Operator. The role will provide onsite technical assistance, chemical management, sample analysis, monitoring, and reporting programs.
· Sampling and analysis of oil, gas and other critical systems as laid out but not limited to the offshore analysis plan as per agreed procedures.
· Provide technical support and information to Mariner onshore and offshore operations team during pre-operations, and normal operations.
· Production of daily logs as per the operator system and a production of written and verbal handovers to ensure continuation of work.
· Production of technical reports and reporting to client in a timely manner.
· Day to day management of chemical use and stock levels to ensure optimum performance and cost effectiveness.
· Timely ordering of chemicals required to operate the Mariner process to ensure stock levels are maintained.
· Logistical management of any temporary chemical injection systems including pumps and skids. Ensuring accurate accounts of what equipment is on-board is kept up to date to ensure cost effectiveness and timely back-load.
· Logistical management of all chemicals on-board, to ensure chemicals are transferred to correct location for use and back-loaded in a timely manner as per client procedures and processes.
· Ability to investigate and rectify issues with chemical injection systems according to client procedures.
· Ability to create maintenance requests as per client maintenance reporting system.
· Day to day management and ordering of laboratory consumable stock levels and equipment.
· Re-calibration and re-certification of all laboratory equipment.
· Completion of any training as directed by the client to expand on his or her competency.
· Completion of any training of platform personnel to ensure adequate cover for all sampling. Lab technician shall keep up to date records of trained personnel.
· Demonstration of personal commitment to health, safety and the environment showing active participation and support in all necessary operations meetings and new initiatives and improvements.
· Compliance with the client’s culture and operating procedures. Including but not limited to toolbox talks, risk assessments.
· Carry out emergency response duties in accordance with the clients requirements.
· Evaluation of process separation problems and recommendations for improvement.
· HNC qualified or equivalent (in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or similar science would be beneficial)
· Experience of working in a chemical role, undertaking chemical testing
· Experience of working in production chemicals/oilfield
· Experience of providing chemical and quality analysis
· Experience of working in an offshore field environment.
· Demonstrable strong HSE focus.
Experienced in bottle testing and fluid separation expertise
Experience of offshore laboratory commissioning.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen City; ABERDEEN
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network