Sr. Purchasing Specialist (Drilling Services) - Hempstead, TX
- Job Function: Sourcing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/8/2018 9:53:55 AM
- Job #: 1803968
- Location(s): United States; Texas; HEMPSTEAD
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Sr. Purchasing Specialist (Drilling Services) will be responsible for developing, implementing, communicating and managing sourcing programs and initiatives in Oil Field Services
- Working with all the relevant stakeholders, execute improvement projects aligned with initiatives such as:
- Cash enhancement: TPS / Reverse Factoring implementations, Pay term harmonization, implementations of batched payments, 2-way-match, Later-Than Logic.
- Source to pay simplification and improvements: grow electronic invoicing, drive reduction of invoice holds, maximize TPS discounts, reduce Cost-Per-Invoice
- Vendor recovery - Maximize recovery of Cost of Poor quality from suppliers
- Spend compliance – ensure compliance of purchasing processes
- Supplier diversity – measure and grow diversity in the supply chain
- Own the ongoing effectiveness of the projects
- Through data analysis identify opportunities for improvements in the areas listed above and track impact of the initiatives
- Support ad hoc requests for information
- Coordinate new supplier approvals and qualifications in conjunction with Supplier Quality Engineers (SQE)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- 2+ years of experience in sourcing, supply chain or supply chain finance
- Process/systems mindset
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects
- Strong analytical skills and experience in converting data to useful information utilizing MS Excel
- Proven Ability to communicate & collaborate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Previous purchasing experience
- Experience in the source-to-pay process or other initiatives identified above
- ISM or APICS certification
- Familiarity with SAP
- Demonstrated change agent
- Customer-focused and results-oriented
- Ability to work, motivate and influence in a cross-functional, multi-site, global team environment
- Lean and Six Sigma experience/certifications
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HEMPSTEAD
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network