Pressure Pumping Field Operator-Broussard, LA
- Job Function: Field Operations
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/8/2018 10:52:35 AM
- Job #: 1804158
- Location(s): United States; Louisiana; BROUSSARD
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is looking for a Pressure Pumping Field Operator in Broussard, LA
- Operates company equipment on a daily basis to deliver products, service tools, equipment, and platform services.
- Participates in rigging up equipment on location which includes connecting hoses, high pressure iron, etc. to equipment and to the customer’s well head on a rig or platform
- Direct equipment rig-up and rig-down
- Independently operate equipment associated with pumping slurries or a combination of specialty chemicals and/or acids to complete or stimulate the well
- Conduct laboratory testing
- Maintains all required inspection and log reports to comply with regulations and verify well data
- Ensures maintenance is performed to prepare equipment for job requirements
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes, a GE company core values
- Must have a High School diploma or GED to be considered.
- Must have at least 2 to 3 years or more of Pressure Pumping experience (land or offshore) specific to sand control and acidizing.
- Has experience running sand control and acidizing equipment of increasing complexity in the Pressure Pumping Group.
- Mechanical ability and aptitude.
- Must be able to work at remote land and/or offshore locations and/or on a mobile vessel.
- Must be able to work varied work schedule, and be available for a 24 hour call out as necessary.
- General knowledge of surface equipment and chemicals
- Competent with volumetric and composition calculations
- Ability to work well and communicate well with others
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Louisiana; BROUSSARD
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network