AMO Mechanical Technician (Drilling Services) - Leduc, AB
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/8/2018 6:53:55 PM
- Job #: 1803901
- Location(s): Canada; Alberta; LEDUC
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for an AMO Mechanical Technician (Drilling Services) - Leduc, AB. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
- Ensue full awareness of and compliance with, the requirements of all relevant company/customer safety handbook, safety procedures and emergency procedures
- Ability to work flexible work schedule and be mentally and physically fit to perform given tasks
- Assemble and dis-assemble all directional downhole tools and equipment’s that arrive in the shop
- Clean all downhole tools and equipment’s using hand grinders, air grinders and in-house tool washer
- Conduct preliminary checks as per Baker Hughes, a GE company standard procedures
- Record technical data, instructions from clients, deviations to specifications, loss and or damage. Complete all necessary paper works and forward to appropriate personal in a timely manner
- Conduct tests and regular inspections to ensure all tools and equipment are ready to use
- Load and unload equipment’s to and from the trucks
- Operate and perform routine maintenance and repairs of downhole tools and equipment
- Maintain and operate fork lifts and overhead cranes
- Report all equipment and tools deficiencies to the supervisor
- Performs other related duties as instructed by supervisor
- Operate all equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Must hold valid clean Class 5 driver’s license
- Must be available to in a shop work environment
- Highly organized individual with strong communication skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to carry our work as directed and ability to follow instructions
- Fork Lift and overhead crane operation experience is an asset
- Conduct all business activities in accordance to Baker Hughes, a GE company HSE policies
- 2 – 3 years of relevant industry experience
- Oilfield experience or related experience is an asset
- Must be able to work independently under minimal supervision
- Good attitude and great team player skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Canada; Alberta; LEDUC
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network