Account Manager (Upstream Chemicals) - Edson, AB
- Job Function: Field Operations
- Experience Level: Entry-Level
- Posted Date: 3/8/2018 11:51:15 PM
- Job #: 1804084
- Location(s): Canada; Alberta; EDSON
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for an Account Manager, Upstream Chemicals in Edson, AB. The Account Manager for Baker Hughes, a GE company Upstream Chemicals is the focal point of communication between the organization and the needs of our customers.
- The Account Manager for Baker Hughes, a GE company Upstream Chemicals is the focal point of communication between the organization and the needs of our customers
- The position is field based working in and outdoors
- Identify issue and gather data from customers
- Obtain samples, prepare samples and complete proper requests forms
- Interpret lab analysis results prior to sending them to the customers
- Complete Technical Service Requests (TSR) when technical support help is required and submit to Field Manager for approval
- Gathering the necessary data and helping the technical support personnel solve the problem in a way that is desirable to the customer
- Write basic recommendations (where possible) and send to the Field Manager for Review
- Review recommendations from Tech Group to ensure accuracy and distribute to the customers and internal contacts
- Identify product gaps and communicate them to the Field Manager
- Ensure customer key performance indicators are met
- Effectively manage bulk, tote chemical deliveries and inventories
- Maintain a positive rapport with client
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with HSE policies, legal compliance requirements and core values
- Must have strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- Chemical knowledge and technical aptitude
- 1-3 Years of Oilfield experience is desirable
- Effective time management and organization skills are essential to the success of this position
- Computer competency with proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Positive attitude
- Must have people skills and work well within a team environment
Locations: Canada; Alberta; EDSON
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network