Quality Assurance Engineer
- Job Function: Quality
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/9/2018 5:51:24 AM
- Job #: 1803751
- Location(s): Singapore; Singapore; SINGAPORE
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
BHGE (Baker Hughes a GE Company) offers the opportunity as an experienced Quality Engineer for Supply Chain Assembly Operation in Singapore.
Will work under supervision to deliver the following activities:
· Fully support the QMS by creating, editing, reviewing, and implementing documents, assuring alignment to relevant industry and BHGE standards (BHOS).
· Using Quality Tools, facilitate process improvements, qualitative risk assessments, and root cause analysis and corrective actions that are aligned to continuous improvements in support of business goals and objectives.
· Provide technical support and training to a broad range of people including Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain, Engineering, and Supplier Quality in order to achieve the established business goals and objectives.
· Organizes and manage internal audits including follow-up and closes audit findings using available reporting systems (QMT). Be first contact for customer audits.
· Act as a lead auditor. Conduct supplier audits and demonstrate use of supplier improvement actions. Closely monitor suppliers providing critical and special processes (e.g.heat treat, coating, threading).
· Select, evaluate, and re-evaluate suppliers by organizing audits according to BHGE procedures and applicable industry standards and best practices. Reports results into Approved Suppliers List (ASL).
· Work with Quality Control department to ensure inspections are performed per BHGE (SRS) completions procedures.
· Participate in tender and contract reviews and the development of quality plans to support contracts and ensure BHGE understands customer quality requirements before a quotation is issued or an order accepted.
· Establish and facilitate monthly Corrective Action Boards and annual Management Reviews with relevant region owners.
· Provide timely Corrective Action (CA) and Preventive Action (PA) status to internal and/or external clients and audit agencies.
· Represent Quality in the Country/Location leadership team and in customer audits and reviews.
· Share knowledge within the quality community and to the wider BHGE organization.
· Demonstrate project management best practices and use of quality management tools and handle special projects as required.
· Provide Manufacturing support to vendor to ensure correct BHGE requirement is conveyed to supplier.
· Support in create and disposition of Quality Notification (QN)
· Provide support to in house assembly team for any technical issue.
· May also supervise a team in the execution of the above activities.
· Conducting all business activities in accordance with BHGE Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Company Core Values.
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, Metallurgy, Material Science, Applied Science or equivalent discipline.
· Minimum 7 years’ experience.
· Master’s Degree is a plus.
· Field or Product Engineering Experience in Completions is a Plus.
· Supplier Quality Management is a Plus
· Candidates with experience in Supplier Quality Management, Field Engineering, or Product Technology and Applications including understanding and application of tools and rig operation will be given priority.
· Familiarity with metallurgical processing, fabrication, mechanical testing and corrosion testing.
· Working knowledge with metallurgical lab and calibration equipment.
· Experience in performing technical analysis, including SPC, root cause and lean six sigma knowledge and reporting
· Ability to effectively communicate highly technical information both verbally and in writing.
· Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills.
· Facilitation and presentation skills.
· Experience with Quality Management Systems and lead auditor training is a plus.
· In depth knowledge of industry standards and completions technologies.
· Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
· Familiar with standard business software packages.
· Lead Audit Certification (ISO )
· Six Sigma Training
· Candidates should be self-motivated and focused on achieving business results through a multi-disciplinary team
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Singapore; Singapore; SINGAPORE
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network