Shop Technician - Grande Prairie
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/9/2018 9:52:35 AM
- Job #: 3063484
- Location(s): Canada; Alberta; Grande Prairie
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Shop Technician provides assistance to the work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. This will include shipping/receiving, yard labour and wellhead assembly.
Shipper and Receiver
• Load and unload goods from trucks.
• Assemble containers and crates, pack goods to be shipped, and prepare identifying information and shipping instructions.
• Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods.
• Unpack and route goods to appropriate storage areas.
• Operate forklift and overhead crane to load, unload, transport and store goods.
• Know safe storage and handling procedures for various chemicals and materials. Know proper shipping procedures for transportation of dangerous goods.
• Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials. Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
• Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
• Maintain neat and clean yard.
• Ensure proper handling of all materials and store it appropriately.
• Monitor inventory of yard supplies.
• Operating heavy machinery (forklift and loader).
• Loading and unloading of freight
• Operating forklift
• Verification and labeling of freight
• Inspecting freight for damage
• Completing various documentation
• Packaging of equipment and parts
• Arranging pickup with freight forwarder
• Maintain shipping & receiving log
• Compliance with GE regulatory training and controls to ensure these programs and policies are applied consistently across the business
• Must follow Company procedures and participate in Team Administrative duties as required
Locations: Canada; Alberta; Grande Prairie
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network