Tool Maker (Artificial Lift) Claremore, OK
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/9/2018 2:51:48 PM
- Job #: 1803929
- Location(s): United States; Oklahoma; CLAREMORE
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
A Tool Maker will be a vital part of the manufacturing engineering support team for the production and manufacturing of Artificial Lift Systems produced in Claremore, Oklahoma. A Tool Maker will have the opportunity to apply and demonstrate their skills and craftsmanship in machining disciplines producing manufacturing support components used to make Artificial Lift Systems. Those components include simple to complex assembly tooling, assembly aids, test fixtures, gages, machining fixtures, and prototype parts.
- With minimal supervision and adherence to safety policy and standards, sets up and operates saws lathes, mills, drills, grinders, and other tool room equipment.
- From raw stock, fabricates tools, fixtures and gages utilizing engineering drawings and/or verbal/written instructions.
- Acts as liaison between manufacturing engineering and manufacturing departments to determine tooling needs.
- Performs physical inspections and operator maintenance on tooling equipment and maintains good housekeeping standards in the tooling area.
- May train other employees in the tooling area.
- Specifies orders and maintains inventory of general consumables, raw material, cutting tool and work holding components.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of experience in a tool making environment.
- 2+ years of experience of advanced CNC Mill and CNC Lathe set up, programming and operation.
- 2+ years of experience of using CAM Programming system.
- Advanced knowledge of tool room machinery, cutting tools and the ability to apply cutting tool/machining technology.
- Working knowledge of basic math and geometry.
- Working knowledge of basic metrology instruments (micrometers, calipers, thread gages, profilometers, dial indicators and etc.)
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Advanced knowledge of the materials used to fabricate tools gages
- Basic knowledge of material heat treating principles.
- Basic personal computer skills to include general office applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Okuma 2 axis CNC Lathe and 3 axis CNC Mill experience.
- Haas 4 axis milling experience.
- Romi electronic lathe experience.
- Esprit CAM Software experience.
- SolidWorks and/or NX CAD experience.
- EDM experience a Plus
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Oklahoma; CLAREMORE
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network