Materials Manager (m/f) - Inspection Technologies
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/12/2018 10:51:40 AM
- Job #: 3076493
- Location(s): Germany, Ireland, Slovakia, United States; New York; Huerth, Ahrensburg, Wunstorf (Germany); Nove Mesto (Slovakia); Skaneateles (NY), Billerica (MA), Shannon (Ireland).
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This position will be responsible for the materials management of a $650M business across 7 global factories and multiple sales/service centers. The key responsibilities will include customer fulfillment, PSI/S&OP and inventory management.
- Lead weekly PSI/S&OP process to evaluate revenue plan versus labor capacity, material availability, inventory estimates and customer fulfillment
- Responsible for leading the creation of material plan requirements utilizing advanced supply chain planning tools to optimize Customer Service levels, inventory, resource utilization and total supply chain costs
- Developing/maintaining forecasting processes to support customer fulfillment and decrease lead time across complex supply chain
- Assist plants with developing long term strategy to drive continued improvement of inventory turns and fulfillment
- Provide training to plant personnel on materials best practices
- Provide oversight/coordination for work transfers and NPI’s
- Support SAP roll-out
- Monitor execution to released schedules and coordinate appropriate problem resolution tasks
- Support/coordinate with sourcing in their efforts to reduce material costs and lead time reduction
- Key Metrics: On time delivery, overdues, inventory accuracy, inventory turns
- Responsible to drive metrics across functions to support Key metrics
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited university required and/or significant relevant manufacturing/materials management experience
- Proven plant or business materials management experience
- Proven MRP skills and process discipline in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of systems and Microsoft suite of applications
Please Note: If being hired to United States location - GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Strong SAP experience or other major ERP system
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive mindset
- Strong change management skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
Locations: Germany, Ireland, Slovakia, United States; New York; Huerth, Ahrensburg, Wunstorf (Germany); Nove Mesto (Slovakia); Skaneateles (NY), Billerica (MA), Shannon (Ireland).
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network