Drill Bits Mechanical Design Engineer - The Woodlands, TX
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/12/2018 7:53:17 PM
- Job #: 1804222
- Location(s): United States; Texas; THE WOODLANDS
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Drill Bits - Mechanical Design Engineer in The Woodlands, TX, as a member of the Product Development team in its Drill Bit Technology organization. This team member will actively participate in design, analysis, and development of new technologies that will be incorporated in future product offerings from Baker Hughes, a GE company.
- Work in a Mechanical Engineering discipline in product development and research & development.
- Develop and meet project plan timelines to design, test and evaluate the next generation of products.
- Work on design, manufacture, lab testing, field testing and evaluation of prototype designs.
- Be responsible for ensuring technical training and transfer of technical knowledge/expertise to Area Sales and operations.
- Be responsible for product testing, analyzing, and resolving customer complaints related to design.
- Interface with Engineering, Research, Marketing and Manufacturing to develop and transfer technology.
- Identify and work on customer focused issues
- Under minimal supervision, plan, conduct and supervise assignments; review progress, and evaluate results.
- Plan and assign personnel for given projects or tasks.
- Recommend and implement procedure changes to streamline process and improve data analysis provided to end customers.
- Operate with latitude in making autonomous decisions.
- Review progress with manager.
- Handle special projects, as assigned and personally identified.
- Provide work direction mentoring for less experienced engineers and technicians.
- Have a sphere of influence includes regional operations and customers in addition to engineering groups, support organizations, and vendors.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in drilling engineering, mechanical design, and/or project engineering OR
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and 3+ years of experience in drilling engineering, mechanical design, and/or project engineering OR
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering and 2+ years of experience in drilling engineering, mechanical design, and/or project engineering.
- Experience working with 3D CAD design systems.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience with mechanical systems.
- Strong Project leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and technical report writing communication skills.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Desire to dive in to details to push boundaries of technology.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to build peer relationships as well as work independently.
- Good organizing, planning, and presentation skills.
- Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and customer focused with a drive for results.
- Ability to manage time, makes quality decisions, and manage and measure work.
- Successful candidate will be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Experience with complex mechanical systems or dynamic systems a plus.
- Drill Bits (Tricone or PDC) expertise a plus
The Woodlands, Texas 77380
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; THE WOODLANDS
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network