Sr Quality Assurance Engineer
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/13/2018 8:51:25 AM
- Job #: 3073845
- Location(s): India; Bengaluru
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
• What product line you’ll be leading?
As a Sr Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be part of an agile team developing black box and white box tests for various applications and software platforms. You will be responsible for testing a component, feature and or feature set and independently develop automated test cases for the same.
• GE is an equal opportunity Employer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0qkWRqTdM
• Your Day at GE:
1) As a Sr Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be a part of a Scrum team inclusive of a Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, User Interaction Design Engineers, Software Architects and Product Owner.
2) You will build automated scripts for testing frameworks and applications.
3) As a dedicated Sr QA Engineer, you will identify and report issues, analyze criticality of issues, help determine go/no-go decision for project code merges to ensure the stability of mainline.
4) You will own product or product modules and design, develop and maintain test suites for the same.
5) You will participate in design and test script reviews
6) You will contribute to quality engineering discussions
7) You will own several quality engineering tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Core Responsibilities:
1) Responsible for testing a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management; increasing the ability to work independently.
2) Breaks down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks. Demonstrates growing expertise in application domain and functional areas. Takes ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
3) Works independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Technical Expertise:
1) Experienced in testing web applications built using microservices architecture on the cloud using automation (Selenium, Junit/TestNg)
2) Prior experience in automated testing of REST services using RestAssured or similar frameworks
3) Prior experience in automated testing of hybrid mobile applications on mobile devices (iOS/Android) using Appium or similar frameworks
5) Skills in understanding application functionality and build test cases to cover various scenarios including negative tests, security tests, internationalization, load testing, accessibility testing
6) Experience with GIT for code version control.
• Years of Experience:
5-8 year(s) of professional experience in software quality assurance with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Desired Responsibilities:
1) Begins to collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans
2) Collaborates with Quality Leaders in building test plans
3) Prior experience on load testing tools
4) Experience in security scan tools
5) Experience in web services based API testing
6) Experience in accessibility testing using JAWS
7) Knowledge on Web application security
8) Skilled in using any one Relational and NoSQL database platforms
9) Previous experience with PaaS and testing applications on the cloud
Locations: India; Bengaluru
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network