Health Promotions Coordinator
- Job Function: Environmental Health & Safety
- Experience Level: Co-op/Intern
- Posted Date: 3/13/2018 11:55:54 AM
- Job #: 3077155
- Location(s): United States; New York; Schenectady
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE) is a newly formed company after the merger of two Oil & Gas businesses – GE Oil & Gas and Baker Hughes, Inc.
With the newly formed organization, the Health Team is challenged to harmonize the global health culture and create one unified global approach to health and wellbeing for all employees. This includes a shared vision on health education, programs, and policies.
The main focus for 2018 and this project is to harmonize the Tobacco Free Policies and create one global policy across all countries and cultures and implement the policy with a target date of 1/1/2020. A secondary focus, time permitting, is to leverage the legacy GE Oil & Gas healthy worksite programming (i.e. healthy food options, onsite physical activity, guest health speakers) across the entire organization to bring a healthy work environment, options and programs for all BHGE worksites.
• Develop and finalize the BHGE Global Tobacco Free Campus Policy
• Develop and deliver Implementation Plan partnering with leaders from various functions (Human Resources, Health Environment and Safety, Security, Business Operations, etc.) and regions. Implementation plan may be completed in stages based on country limitations.
• Work with country and function contacts – especially those in Human Resources Benefits – to outline and secure necessary resources for tobacco cessation support
• Develop necessary communications to launch policy and to support tobacco cessation (i.e. risks of tobacco use, benefits of quitting, etc.).
Enrolled in a full time matriculated and nationally accredited post-baccalaureate program
Meet required degree majoring in Public Health, Human resources, Environmental Health and Safety, or related field.
Minimum 3.0 GPA without rounding
Must be available to work May-August
Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Preferred strong background in public or employee health
- Excellent interpersonal skills - oral and written
- Familiar with change process for personal health behaviors
- Familiar with program implementation
- Knowledge of computer and Microsoft products– Outlook, Word, Excel
- willingness and ability to learn from others
- Ability to be agile as business needs change and shift frequently
Locations: United States; New York; Schenectady
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network