Materials Planning and Execution Manager (Manufacturing Chemicals) Pasadena, TX
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/13/2018 3:52:38 PM
- Job #: 1804105
- Location(s): United States; Texas; PASADENA
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
BHGE has an immediate opening for a Materials Planning and Execution Manager at our Pasadena, TX location. This role encompasses multiple responsibilities in the area of plant production scheduling and optimization, and it is crucial to the success of the site.
- Interface with Plant Management regarding execution of plant level production schedules, asset/resource availability, plant performance metrics and interaction with local scheduling office
- Effectively utilize reports and scheduling tools to generate production schedule
- Review new orders daily and communicate any modifications to manufacturing commitment to appropriate personnel including, but not limited to, shipping, logistics and customer service
- Generate a product/work center level production plan that enables production to efficiently utilize plant equipment and personnel to meet Manufacturing commitments on all orders
- Generate a product/work center level production plan to maintain appropriate stock levels for critical products
- Develop internal process/plan to avoid stock outs of critical intermediate materials while maintaining appropriate inventory levels
- Minimize/workoff slow and obsolete and poor quality material stock levels
- Interface with Plant Supervision, Quality Control, Logistics, Purchasing and Shipping/Receiving to communicate production priorities, review equipment availability and production/shipping/receiving status, as necessary
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve the production scheduling process
- Utilize SAP/APO to generate the most efficient production schedule
- Further develop the scheduling team to enhance quality of customer service.
- Handle special projects and perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 years’ experience in inventory
- Minimum 5 years of experience with SAP
- Minimum 3 years of experience with production planning
- Knowledge of inventory methods and stock control procedures
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office (outlook, excel, word)
- Previous experience in chemical manufacturing
- APICS experience
- Batch processing experience
- SAP/APO Experience
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; PASADENA
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network