Wireline Field Operator - Broussard, LA
- Job Function: Field Operations
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/19/2018 12:56:58 PM
- Job #: 1804343
- Location(s): United States; Louisiana; BROUSSARD
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Wireline Equipment Operator in Broussard, LA
- Preparing for jobs and performing tool maintenance, pre-job and post- job tool checkout at the workshop and at the wellsite.
- Job load out, safe and efficient wellsite job execution.
- Rigging-up and rigging-down equipment at the well site.
- Service mechanical devices, building logging cable heads, perforating cable heads and general tool and equipment maintenance.
- Maintain wellsite records, communications, completing job-related paperwork and other records for self and assigned collateral duties.
- Promote and maintain good customer relations.
- Wellsite supervision and training of less experienced operators.
- Perform assigned duties at the wellsite and at the shop.
- Driving company vehicles in a safe manner while observing Company and government regulations.
While performing the above tasks, show and maintain:
- Maximum safety standards and awareness as per BHGE policies.
- Maximum operating efficiency.
- Care for BHGE assets.
- Industry experience and product line training required.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work and communicate well with customers and employees.
- Ability to utilized computers for communication, reporting and other work-related purposes.
- Acquire knowledge on all conveyance methods applicable to your base of operation.
- Acquire knowledge on all services ran in your base of operation.
- Acquiring Competencies assigned by your manager through local On-The-Job Training programs that will address the type of wireline services and environments in your geographical location.
- Training courses to cover special services.
- HazMat endorsement is preferred.
- Career-minded individuals with a strong work ethic is required.
- Previous experience as a Wireline Field Operator is required.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Louisiana; BROUSSARD
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network