Field Application Engineer – Bently Nevada
- Job Function: Sales
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/20/2018 8:52:56 AM
- Job #: 3078759
- Location(s): Nigeria, South Africa; Johannesburg and Nigeria
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
leads customer facing engagement and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business and is a recognized expert in a specialized field within the Condition Monitoring space. Responsible for complex assignments with short-term tactical goals and long-term strategic business implications, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
• Mature business opportunities through technical levers, to qualify the sales pipeline and convince potential customers in competitive environment
• Conduct site walkdowns and asset condition monitoring solution assessment surveys
• Develop solution design optionality with articulation of pros/cons from buyer and seller perspective
• Support creation and delivery of customer value proposition presentations based on the above
• Support Commercial organization with critical opportunity ToC (Table of Compliance) as needed.
• Develop and execute sales strategies relevant to the market using techno-strategic levers that speak to market desired outcomes.
• Gather industry intelligence to support informed business decision-making.
• Direct customer management through clear communication internally and externally
• Document competitors’ activities and assess potential market moves based on product/solution technical offerings.
• Review and influence customer specifications to assure compliance and/or noted exceptions for development of equipment and service quotations
• Make technical presentations to all levels of customer organization.
• Develop engineering and installation technical work scope, schedules and cost estimates to facilitate offering.
• Manage and negotiate commercial and contractual risk with regards to area of expertise, within the Inquiry to Order (ITO) process
• Contribute positively to regional sales, orders, profitability, and ITO quality goals
• Educate Sales, Services and ITO team on latest NPI's - New Products Introductions, thru trainings and workshops
• Support with select deployment/implementation of NPI projects and feeding back services and product line with gained experience to improve product maturity and dissemination of knowledge.
Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline.
Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in Oil & Gas and/or Power industry.
Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Rotating/Reciprocating Asset Condition Monitoring space in area of solution design/architecture and/or deployment.
.Solid presentation skills
· Strong creative problem solving skills
· Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Strong outcome/solution selling mindset
· Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
. Ability to travel on short notice across the region and for 50% of the time.
Locations: Nigeria, South Africa; Johannesburg and Nigeria
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network