Senior Geomechanic Specialist position
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/22/2018 10:53:38 PM
- Job #: 1805466
- Location(s): Indonesia; JAWA TENGAH; JAKARTA
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Senior Geomechanic Specialist is a key member of Geoscience and Petroleum Engineering team. He/she will do geomechanic analysis, geology interpretation, and support other Product Lines as trusted advisor. This role will do hands-on work from wellbore-scale into field-scale, generate geomechanical model 1D/3D, pore-pressure prediction-to-4D geomechanic evaluation, technical and coaching presentations, generate reports, and some business development involvement.
The successful Senior Geomechanic Specialist will have extensive communication at all levels, have good personal confidence, and comfortable with client interactions.
- Hands-on work and advice for geomechanic discipline in wellbore-scale to field-scale
- Data QC and review to conduct geomechanic analysis
- Build and develop 1D/3D geomechanical models by integrating the geophysical, geological, petrophysical, drilling and completions data sets
- Integrate reservoir simulation, production data, and stress models to perform geomechanical analysis in drilling operations support, reservoir management, field development planning and well delivery processes
- Real-time geomechanic monitoring if required
- Develop and deploy geomechanics workflows and routines
- Technical presentation and generate reports
- Support Product Lines to provide best technical evaluation
- Master or Phd degree
- 15+ years experiences in geomechanic discipline (research or industry)
- Conduct minimum 5 geomechanic projects (research-based or oil and gas industry-based)
- Strong varied geomechanic background experience
- Have international experiences outside Indonesia at least 2 years
- Have experiences in Australia and Asia Pacific regional basin will be advantageous
- Familiar with software for Geomechanic analysis
- Valid to work in Indonesia
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Confidence and technically-strong to provide detail explanation, mentoring, coaching, depth-knowledge in geomechanic, and able to do comprehensive and detail geomechanical analysis with limited supervision.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Indonesia; JAWA TENGAH; JAKARTA
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network