Buying/Procurement Specialist (Drill Bits)
- Job Function: Sourcing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/26/2018 9:52:54 AM
- Job #: 1805259
- Location(s): Saudi Arabia; Saudi Arabia; DHAHRAN
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Offers the opportunity as an experienced Buying/Procurement Specialist to join the team in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- Under general supervision, manages delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction for established suppliers.
- Manages purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, mitigation of billing adjustments / terminations and execution of cost reduction goals. Interviews or contacts supplier salespersons, and secures bids.
- May expedite the filling of orders by suppliers to meet production.
- May substitute items within pre-approved guidelines.
- Works to maximize production capacity in accordance with production and master schedules.
- Actively uses continuous improvement tools to improve HS&E, quality, delivery, financial performance, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ of experience preferably in procurement, sourcing or similar experience.
Order Management experience is a plus.
- Broad knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including advanced level knowledge of Excel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks in a challenging, fast-paced work environment.
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Saudi Arabia; Saudi Arabia; DHAHRAN
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network