Senior System Engineer - Testing
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 4/3/2018 7:51:56 AM
- Job #: 3028981
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Bristol, Aberdeen
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The important project role will be required to drive co-ordination of project testing execution. The position shall take domain ownership of all associated engineering activities outlined below and secure full and best in class delivery to this important function.
- Project test lead – responsible for verification of customer requirements, and validation of testing activities. Including physical testing where necessary.
- Will be responsible for generating testing plans and philosophies in order to meet contractual needs.
- Lead testing best practice activities and drive for continual improvement of project testing activities particularly surrounding efficiency, cost and duration of testing.
- Contribute as requested to regularly scheduled reviews that track progress and spending by team, highlight and resolve trending issues pan-project as and when required.
- Issue and oversee manpower demands for testing activities related to the schedule.
- Lead systems engineering process improvements and champion best practice to projects where possible.
- Work closely with the engineering resource managers to ensure the required resource profile is available for the business needs (including participation within the recruitment process)
- Ability to travel to supervise testing activities as and when required.
- Provides consultancy advice to the bids, as and when required
- Ability to work remotely and unsupervised for reasonable periods of time.
- Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization and project teams.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results.
- Demonstrated commitment for process improvement.
- Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Executive level presentation skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- A member of a professional body e.g. I MechE, IEE, etc, ideally a CEng or equivalent knowledge & experience
- Strong skillset within areas of project scheduling and project risk definition & remediation.
Locations: United Kingdom; Bristol, Aberdeen
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network