- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 4/3/2018 8:52:54 PM
- Job #: 1805898
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Aberdeen City; ABERDEEN
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Responsible for all electrical maintenance and repair of plant and equipment and installation of new machinery.
· Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all equipment and computer numerical control systems including axis/spindle drive systems
· Repairs production machines and plant as requested to ensure minimum downtime.
· Installs machines and plant to ensure their safe operation in accordance manufacturer’s specifications
· Operating Maintenance Management System to create & execute work orders and using historical records to assist repairs.
· Ensuring all maintenance operations are carried out in accordance with quality and manufacturers specifications
· Assisting other Maintenance engineers / technicians to carry out their tasks when required.
· Responsible for ensuring that all activities are conducted in line with all HSE requirements and procedures.
· Any Other Duties as Required
· School Certificates or equivalent
· ONC Electrical Engineering or equivalent or relevant experience working in a maintenance department supporting production and/or manufacture.
· City and Guilds 17th Edition preferred
· Time served electrician
· Electrical experience working in a maintenance department supporting production and/or manufacture.
· Relevant experience working with CNC control systems IE Fanuc, Mazak, Siemens
· Ability to read and comprehend circuit and schematic Diagrams.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions, manuals, correspondence, and memos.
· Familiar with the IEE (Institute of Electrical Engineers) Wiring Regulation.
· Knowledge of Maintaining & servicing machine tools including CNC/NC Machines.
· Mechanical knowledge of machine tools.
· Skills in the use of Microsoft Office products including excel & e-mail
· Problem solving skills
· Communication skills, both verbal and written
· Listening skills
· Ability to interpret oral instructions
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen City; ABERDEEN
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network