Workshop Technician - Production Control Systems
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 4/4/2018 7:52:05 AM
- Job #: 3020942
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Montrose
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Hydro-mechanical, electrical or electronic repair, test and servicing of customer-owned and Company-owned subsea controls equipment.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner, protecting the environment, health and security by complying with written COSHH Assessments, Risk Assessments (RA) or by carrying out any necessary risk assessments and Job Safety Analyses (JSA) or necessary risk assessments and Job Safety Analyses (JSA) prior to task commencement
- Carry out maintenance of customer and company owned equipment as defined in the appropriate Workscope ensuring product quality is maintained by adherence to Company Standards & Procedures. to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Produce deliverables to agreed timescales
- To prepare for tasks by interpretation of drawings, understanding of pre-prepared workscope, and briefing by the Workshop. Cell leader/Shift Leader or by liaising with Production Engineers to understand fully the tasks, procedures and specifications required
- Responsible for Production Control Equipment, WOCS, Drilling equipment – assembly, repair and Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- To assess (through Site Receipt test), subsequently report, repair and diagnose company supplied production controls equipment in accordance with company procedures.
- Time served in controls /mechanical or electrical trades.
- Preferably HNC educated, however, good secondary education acceptable.
- Knowledge of Subsea equipment an advantage but not essential
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Good time keeping, and ability to keep to deadlines
- Proactive and Positive attitude to EHS & Quality
- Able to contribute to a team, and have the initiative to work by themselves
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Have a good understanding of the Company Compliance code in general terms and in respect to dealing Customers.
- Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
- Report writing skills
- PC Skills- Email, Excel and Word
Locations: United Kingdom; Montrose
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network