Snr Mgr–Product Lifecycle & Digital Configuration m/f
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 4/10/2018 7:52:16 AM
- Job #: 3029826
- Location(s): Germany, Italy, Norway, Poland, Romania, United Kingdom, United States; Texas; Aberdeen, Bristol, Houston
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Engineering Digital Technology (DT) Technical Program Manager will lead the design, development, and deployment of system solutions, and hyper-care support for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Digital Configuration Management (DCM) for the Oilfield Equipment product company. He/she will be expected to ensure successful, end-to-end delivery of the OFE PLM program partnering with the Digital Engineering, Digital Technology and wider business stakeholders.
The Technical Program Manager will work in partnership with the OFE Digital Engineering, Digital Engineering/Enterprise HQ and relevant Digital Technology teams to implement PLM and DCM solutions. Through this partnership he/she will:
- Define and manage the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Digital Configuration Management (DCM) programme deliverables, schedule & budget.
- Lead all phases of PLM & DCM implementation - design, build, QA, test, deploy, and hyper-care support
- Ensure robust business requirements capture & formalisation; and mapping to solutions.
- Translate business needs into an effective plan & development roadmap.
- Support the business/product company leads on developing the business case, metrics and change management plan to gain financial approval with specific focus on Productivity, Cost of Non-Quality, On-Time Delivery, and Margin improvement.
- Lead the development of the: Functional Specification Documents (including process architecture, functional/logical architecture and use cases); Technical Design Documents (solution specification & data model); Technical Architecture Document (system design and infrastructure); Test Cases & Scripts (including automation approach); Quality Assurance Documents; and solution configuration/development.
- Facilitate improvement / transformation in PLM/engineering processes to increase efficiency, process capability, defect reduction and attain world-class levels of quality in the data/information that is created.
- Facilitate the application of PLM & DCM best practice as well as supporting the institutionalization of Lean Six Sigma quality, in conjunction with product company functional leads.
- Ensure programme benefits/savings are realised.
- Integrate with other DT/IT teams on technical and infrastructure development for support of the PLM/DCM systems and integrations to other systems
- Provide input on defining the standards and defining project management practices followed by all project managers and project team within the program
- Leverage deep technology, process and domain expertise to drive execution across multiple interdependent projects within a program.
- Define execution standards and processes to be followed by all project managers within the program or department.
- Contribute to the overall PLM strategy.
- Foster cross department/sub-tier product company process & technology consolidation.
- Conduct programme reviews for internal multidiscipline teams and suppliers.
- Monitor and communicate programme status, business issues and industry developments.
- Develop Management Plans (including task level project plans) as a means of communicating the programme to the management & team.
- Define & manage the budget (OPEX & CAPEX), resources and schedule.
- Work closely with the PLM programme operations leader in communicating the Operating Plan to senior management, and ensure the programme meets the budget, schedule, and benefit accrual targets.
- Facilitate vendor engagement, selection (author RFI, RFP RFQ, support tendering) and manage the on-boarding of contractor resources in partnership with the programme operations leader.
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to achieve results
- Manage multiple PLM Workstream/Capability projects spanning multiple sites and business units across the globe.
- Manage stakeholder engagement including working with Legal, IP and Export Control functions, capable of influencing stakeholders up to senior executive level
Continuation of Essential Responsibilities
- Apply relevant project management methodologies and tools, including Agile (e.g., SCRUM) approaches, to ensure that the programme is delivered on time, within budget and to the desired standard excepted by the leadership team.
- Provide day-to-day guidance, coaching and mentorship to the team, and ensure that project runs smoothly removing any roadblocks that are encountered.
- Ensure that the post implementation activities resourced and executed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), or Computer Science from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge & experience
- Must possess expertise in effective project management principals, for example those promoted by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Formal PM qualifications (e.g. Prince, APM) beneficial, but relevant experience more important
- Must be able to take responsibility for the deliverables, costs, schedule, and quality of overall programme and ensure quality project execution that is in accordance with company standards & procedures and PLM implementation guidelines.
- Excellent stakeholder relationship skills that inspire trust and confidence with stakeholders and colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; confident and diplomatic with an ability to create and foster working relationships at all levels of the business
- Experience of working within the engineering function and hands on experience of using relevant tools/system such as PLM, ERP, MES, CAD, CAE (FEA/CFD) or CAM/CMM systems.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the delivery / transformation of IT solutions (incl. processes) such as PLM/PDM; CAD/CAM or ERP/MRP, in product engineering & manufacturing industries.
- Proven years’ experience in PLM & DCM implementations (ideally Teamcenter) preferably involving integrations with ERP or other Enterprise Applications.
- Must have hands on experience of authoring functional or technical design specifications for PLM solutions.
- Experience of developing software applications for the engineering/manufacturing functions or configuring COTS PLM applications.
- Strong knowledge of PLM IT infrastructure requirements, standards, design and implementation.
- Knowledge or experience of PLM system operational support (L2, L3) and System Administration.
- Self-motivated with the ability to produce accurate work under pressure while continuing to meet deadlines
- Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization
- Understanding of how to resolve staff and team issues.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal & written, briefs/reports/presentations), analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in cross functional team environment
- Demonstrated work in Matrix Organizations
- Be willing to travel
- Team leadership (managing people) with demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results.
- Must possess strong proficiency in MS-Office tools.
- Good team player with excellent verbal & written communication, especially explaining complex concepts through presentations and other visual demonstrators.
- Executive level presentation skills.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; statistically literate and familiar with Six Sigma quality concepts and tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to process improvement
- Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities.
- Be able to deal with ambiguity.
- Proactive responsible individual, with the ability to set own action plans.
- Clear thinker with ability to develop, communicate, and deliver clear strategy and action plans.
- Initiative and perseverance.
- Visible energy in proposing and drive changes at different level of the organization.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and ensure that they are transferred in robust improvement and simplification programs.
Locations: Germany, Italy, Norway, Poland, Romania, United Kingdom, United States; Texas; Aberdeen, Bristol, Houston
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network