Senior Program Manager
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 4/10/2018 11:52:25 PM
- Job #: 3085965
- Location(s): Singapore; Singapore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This role is part of the APM professional services practice in BHGE-Digital and is responsible for the delivery of complex APM-based software implementations (e.g. Meridium) to our Oil & Gas customers in collaboration with other BHGE Digital teams (sales, technology, finance and business management) as well as GE Digital and our ecosystem of service providers.
The PM has responsibility for successful project completion that meets both customer and BHGE Digital goals and expectations.
In this role , you will be :
• Overall responsible for providing project leadership and oversight of APM Software implementations for customers of the BHGE business; requires frequent interaction with BHGED Product Development Team, Commercial Team, Customers, Solution Providers (Integrators), GE Digital and other cross-functional teams.
• Understand business development efforts leading to service delivery, including collaboration across teams related to value proposition development and solution architecture
• Drive execution and manage risk across multi-disciplinary teams comprised of stakeholders from BHGE Digital, GE Digital, customers and partners
• Handle project/engagement issues at the highest level of professional standards and juggle multiple requests from customers, from deep technical discussions on the Software Platform, to aligning APM functionality and new opportunities for development to customer use cases
• Provide support when required to the solution architecture team on the proposed service plan and implementation scope of an opportunity to ensure alignment with viable delivery models and metrics
• Track and monitor project status and metrics to ensure milestones are met, and internal and external delivery commitments are met
• Ensure ongoing communication of progress against program/project objectives
• Proactively identify and resolve issues and make recommendations for improvements to existing processes
• Responsibility for successful project completion that meets both customer and BHGE Digital goals and expectations
• Scope Management: Leads the project team in effectively defining & controlling project scope of work, using tools for charter development, contract management and change control.
• Planning and Scheduling: Assists in developing the project approach and leads the effort to model this approach in the project schedule. Ensures that high-quality integrated planning is performed for all facets of the project life cycle. Performs schedule analysis to establish work priorities, critical path planning, and risk management.
• Resource Management: Applies dynamic resource allocation, including contract consultants, to maximize effective utilization of resources, ensure project success, and deliver high quality solutions with effective billable utilization.
• Budgeting: Manages project budgets and allocation of cost to meet projected profitability commitments.
• Financial Management: Forecasts, manages, and delivers against project revenue/cost plan. Works closely with Operations and Finance teams to ensure accurate and transparent project financial accounting.
• Project Performance Management: Ensures that relevant cost, schedule, and technical performance metrics are instituted at all levels in the project.
• Project Reporting: Proactively tracks and reports on project progress against schedule, technical delivery milestones, and revenue commitments. Manages and reports on adjustments to scope, schedule, cost, and issues.
• Change Management: Drives scope control through formal change management methods. Assists the project team in defining, understanding, and maintaining scope. Assists in the preparation, submission and negotiation of change of scope proposals. Incorporates approved/negotiated changes into the project plan.
• Leverage processes to evaluate, capture, and apply best practices and lessons learned driving implementation cycle-time improvements.
• Coordinates and leads progress meetings with customer and business leadership.
• Effectively applies BHGE Digital execution methodology and enforces project standards.
• Minimizes BHGE Digital exposure and risk on project.
• Bachelors Degree from a four year engineering or Computer Science college or equivalent.
• Project Management - PMI PMP and/or ITIL certification highly desirable
• 10+ years in industrial software services, with minimum of 7 years in a customer facing project leadership role with professional experience in customer-centric engagements or consultative roles, such as management consulting, sales engineering, or business development.
• The candidate would have experience in oil and gas industry, either through an engineering or technical career, or have experience in the industry through consultative engagement roles.
• Strong business acumen; customer focus and able to fully understand the mission and scope of the business equation
• Experience in maintenance & reliability best practices, root cause analysis, criticality analysis and lifecycle management
• Strong working knowledge of Meridium software, Predix-based APM applications and common maintenance systems including SAP PM, Oracle eAM, and IBM Maximo and integration with ERP systems
• Strong spoken and written English language skills.
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
• Strong skills in the use of software business tools (e.g. project management software, spreadsheets, presentation, reporting packages etc).
• Highly motivated, self-starter.
• Exposure to enterprise-level large-scale SOFTWARE applications.
• Experience working in an IT environment or consulting organization.
• Six Sigma Training (Green Belt or Black Belt) and certification
• Persists on completion of endeavors, especially in the face of obstacles and setbacks. Motivated by results through team spirit.
• Examines product-related problems in a disciplined and rigorous manner.
• Defines objectives, problem statements, and ambiguities before generating and evaluating solutions.
• Evaluates possible solutions with heuristic or other rational criteria that are made explicit to collaborators.
• Identifies and formally describes ambiguities and assumptions with the stakeholders.
• Constructs logically sound arguments based upon facts and metrics.
• Understands the value of a disciplined, rigorous and transparent approach to problem solving in a collaborative and matrixed environment.
• Proactively makes or recommends decisions based on in-depth analysis; Able to define critical problems to be solved; Uses a formal process to present findings and recommend specific actions that relate to business objectives; Proposes alternative business strategies as appropriate; Applies data visualization to support finding.
• Can instruct others on processes and procedures. Advises the customer on most favorable outcome, anticipates potential risks and proactively circumvent issues. Adapts to exceptions and develops new procedures and workarounds for others to use. Resolves issues pertaining to scope, schedule and budget, or drive change management. Defines quality requirements.
• Strong business acumen with demonstrated ability to fully understand and articulate the mission of BHGE-Digital to the market.
• Highly motivated, self-starter with demonstrated relationship management skills and strong emotional intelligence (EQ)
• Increases client engagement to further pace and focus required to achieve business priorities and uncover desired outcomes for both the customer and BHGE; utilizes business acumen and domain experience to advise the customer on critical success factors for the initiative at hand; continuously influences the customer to think ahead on what is needed to acquire, deploy, and utilize the solution. Engages and influences other business functions to deliver to customer success factors. Demonstrates empathy and drives actions based on customer situations and needs.
• Anticipates potential risks and obstacles and resolves proactively in order to ensure smooth project delivery. Maintains high levels of customer satisfaction across all projects. Addresses customer concerns quickly and effectively; at times, anticipates customer concerns before they become issues.
• Acts in a consultative capacity and gains access to key decision makers throughout the customer account. Establishes strong relationship with key decision makers and other leaders at multiple levels within customer organization.
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose.
• Establishes & communicates team members' roles in relation to their function and data. Shares knowledge, power and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill. Coordinates role responsibilities with that of others to achieve mutual goals.
• Creates meaningful stories and two-way communications that drive behavior.
• Effectively communicates to multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders. Leads large project teams, interacting effectively in a matrixed environment. Creates referenceable solution deployments.
Locations: Singapore; Singapore
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network